Friday, October 21, 2011

Birdbath Neighborhood Bakery

photo credit: www.newyorktimes.com



As I was trying to figure out where to eat lunch down in Stuyvesant Town following a doctor's appointment, I passed by the Birdbath Bakery on 13th Street and 1st Avenue.  Birdbath Bakery on 13th Street is one of four eco-friendly branches under City Bakery, a New York City fixture known for its hot chocolate. 

According to its website, Birdbath is "wind-powered and built from recyclable, vintage and sustainable materials."  The baked  goods ingredients are made of organic, regionally grown and seasonal.

Today, I tried their  chocolate chip cookie and chocolate croissant.  Both selections, were delicious!  If you like a straightforward chocolate chip cookie without the big chunks of chocolate chips, this one is for you.  I find those types of cookies to be overly sweet and it really kills my eating experience, not to mention my teeth.  Bird bath's cookie was thin, about 6 inches in diameter and had just the right sugar content, with lots of buttery goodness.  It's chocolate croissant was the same--not as sweet as your conventional varieties and I believe, they used the darker proportion of chocolate for the filling.

They have baked doggie treats too!

To check them out, visit:  www.buildagreenbakery.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment