Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wafels & Dinges--Finally!



The cart with the Dinges listed 
I was hanging out in the Union Square area this afternoon to do some shopping at the Greenmarket when I spotted the Wafels & Dinges food cart.  Because my doctor has alerted me to my high sugar problem,  I ended up ordering one of their mini wafels with spekuloos spread and banana dinges (toppings) and a small iced coffee to wash it down.   The spekuloos spread had the texture of peanut butter but with the taste of gingerbread--it was like eating a combination of melted peanut butter and cookie dough.  The portion was just enough to entertain my curiosity.  For more info or where to find your nearest truck in NYC, visit www.wafelsanddinges.com.





My order came in a box pictured below and the iced coffee came with a gingerbread cookie.  I saved the cookie and gave it to my daughter when I got home. She loved it and happily ate it with her milk.

I would definitely order from this food cart again, but maybe after my blood sugar levels drop-- hopefully in a few months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment